For Grade One Geography this year I asked Zac to design his own amusement park. Beth thought it looked like so much fun that she decided to do one as well.
Here is the worksheet I made for them;
To make Beth’s more for a Grade 4 level she added some grid references, a compass marking and a scale. She also had to orally describe how to get from the entrance to the different rides, using compass directions.
For those interested, here is a list of the links to the Australian Curriculum;
- The natural, managed and constructed features of places, their location, how they change and how they can be cared for (ACHGK005)
- The ways the activities located in a place create its distinctive features(ACHGK007)
- The ways that space within places, such as classroom or backyard, can be rearranged to suit different activities or purposes (ACHGK008)
- Pose questions about familiar and unfamiliar places (ACHGS007)
- Represent data and the location of places and their features by constructing tables, plans and labelled maps (ACHGS009)
- Reflect on their learning and suggest responses to their findings (ACHGS012)